fresh perlbuild and cygwin-snapshot

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Thu Sep 6 07:59:00 GMT 2001

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> I tried a second with the latest snapshot (2001-09-04), same result.
> I reinstalled 1.3.2 and now it works as before, no idea what is going
> on.

Note that "official" package releases *must* be built only on systems
that do not have any snapshots or unreleased versions of dependencies.
That is, build your perl against a snapshot if you want, but don't
release it to sourceware unless you rebuild against 1.3.2 or 1.3.3.
Ditto "unreleased" versions of dependencies like zlib or readline or
whatever.

I made this mistake once with one of my packages -- that is, building it
on a system that had a snaphost dll -- and it caused no end of problems.

--Chuck