teTeX suite 20020530-3 available for upload

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Tue Aug 13 09:53:00 GMT 2002

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 06:05:05PM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

>>>Uploaded.  Please send an announcement to cygwin-announce in some
>>>hours.
>>
>> Btw, I took the day off yesterday and came back to a mailbox full of
>> hundreds of complaints about the fact that the external-source lines
>> in these setup.hint files was wrong.
>
>I'm sorry, I thought I took much care with it.  There was one bug
>report on my previous packaging (-2) regarding external source, and I
>fixed that.
>
>If you'd tell me what's wrong, I'll fix it for -4.
>
>> I think I have to come up with a way for letting people know specifically
>> when their packages have an error.  I'll probably be adding a tag to
>> setup.hint with an email address, like:  Maintainer: foo@bar.org .
>
>Ah, and have error messages sent to (or cc'd to) the maintainer.  That
>might be a good idea, as long as users don't (ab)use those addresses
>for questions that should go to cygwin@cygwin.com.

That's my only worry.  But then people would have to download the setup.hint
file and inspect it.

With any other project that would be too much work, but with Cygwin I can
easily see someone doing just that because they "didn't know where else to
send their problem".

cgf