[adding docs to nasm] unfulfilled build deps for pdf

Dean Scarff p00ya@operamail.com
Sat Dec 28 18:02:00 GMT 2002

As per your suggestion to add the extra docs to the nasm package, I have found that nasm requires AFPL ghostscript to build the pdf.  This package is not currently part of cygwin (although there is an old contrib that never made it here: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2002-10/msg00185.html ).

So my question is, is there a policy regarding relying on non-(official)cygwin packages for builds?  I can easily just add the pdf built on linux to the binary package, but this would mean that the source package will be incapable (under cygwin) of producing the binary.

The other option as Joshua suggested is to provide a separate docs package (which doesnt need a corresponding source).

Cheers,
Dean Scarff