[ANN] apache_1.3.22 package available for setup inclusion

Gerrit P. Haase freeweb@nyckelpiga.de
Wed Jan 9 04:40:00 GMT 2002

 Robert,

2002-01-09 13:29:59, du schriebst:

>> I really don't know which is 'better' in general;)

> I do :}. Squid is a dedicated proxy/web accelerator, and it does that
> quite well :]. I'd be quite interested to know how much RAM apache
> needed to run a 30-40Gb cache.

Well, I have no needs like this, my wife and me we are using two PC's,
mine has a direct connection and her box connects via my server to the
net, so there is not much to do for the proxy.

> Also, from a security point of view, having your web server and proxy
> different is a very good idea.

That is important!  But not for me yet (with a dial up connection).

> Disclaimer: I'm a core squid developer.

Ach so;)

Gerrit
--