[ANN] apache_1.3.22 package available for setup inclusion

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Wed Jan 9 07:08:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 03:56:36PM +0100, Stipe Tolj wrote:
> "Gerrit P. Haase" wrote:
> >
> >  Corinna,

> > > Shouldn't that be /usr/bin/cyghttpd.dll?
> > >                            ^^^
> >
> > It is the same like it is with perl or python.  These packages
> > doesn't use libtool and to change the name would need some additional
> > patches in a lot of build related files which would blow up the patch.
>
> yep, Gerrit is right here.
>
> I may change it if absolutely required, but it has to be patched in
> the Makefile.tmpl's and the main src/Configure script.
>
> Is it _absolutely_ required? setup.html does not state it, IMO?!

I would not like to force users to add $libexecdir to their path.
Either the dll is loaded eplicitely at runtime or it's linked in
so that it's inherently loaded at application start.  In the first
case you can even put the lib into /usr/lib (which would then make
sense, IMO).  In the second case it should go to /usr/bin.

Red Hat, Inc.