Apache Problem (was: Re: [ANN] apache_1.3.22 package available for setup inclusion)

Gerrit P. Haase freeweb@nyckelpiga.de
Wed Jan 9 09:33:00 GMT 2002

 Stipe,

2002-01-09 16:32:57, du schriebst:

>> Question 1:
>> ===========
>> The Apache isn't linked against libgdbm?
>> Wouldn't it be a nice addition?
>>
>> I ask because of this message during configuring:
>>
>>  + adding selected modules
>>     o rewrite_module uses ConfigStart/End
>>       disabling DBM support for mod_rewrite
>>       (perhaps you need to add -ldbm, -lndbm or -lgdbm to EXTRA_LIBS)
>>     o dbm_auth_module uses ConfigStart/End

> snap from src/Configure:

>     *-cygwin*)
>         OS='Cygwin'
>         OSDIR="os/cygwin"
>         CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DCYGWIN"
>         DEF_WANTHSREGEX=yes
>         DBM_LIB="-lgdbm"
>         LIBS="$LIBS -lcrypt $DBM_LIB"
>         ;;

> so it should be linked in, IMO, but staticaly.
> Should be link against the import lib -lgsbm.dll to have cyggdbm.dll
> used?

Hmmm, have you tried to verify if this module is working because it
looks weird if the configure states that it will disable this module?

I think this message shouldn't be displayed if the options you quoted
above were seen by ./configure.

I added -lgdbm to src/Configuration.apaci and then it shows up correct
during configure.

Have you logs of your build?

I get this during compiling the modules:
gcc -c  -I../os/cygwin -I../include   -DCYGWIN -DNO_DBM_REWRITEMAP -DUSE_HSREGEX  -DSHARED_CORE -O2
                                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
obviously dbm_rewritemap is disabled, I guess it will not work if
the module is compiled like that!

And my libhttpd.dll is a little (50k!) smaller than your dll.
Does it depend on the versions of expat I'm using?

Your DLL (already stripped):
$ ls -l usr/libexec/libhttpd.dll
-rwxrwxrwx    1 Gerrit   Kein       289792 Jan  9 16:43 usr/libexec/libhttpd.dll*

$ cygcheck libhttpd.dll
.\libhttpd.dll
  .\cygwin1.dll
    C:\WINNT\System32\KERNEL32.dll
      C:\WINNT\System32\NTDLL.DLL

My DLL (stripped):
-rwxr-xr-x    1 Gerrit   Kein       234496 Jan  9 16:42 /bin/libhttpd.dll

$ cygcheck src/libhttpd.dll
src/libhttpd.dll
  C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
    C:\WINNT\System32\KERNEL32.dll
      C:\WINNT\System32\NTDLL.DLL

The modules are linked against the dll's:
Use -h to see help about each section
Found: .\mod_auth_dbm.dll
.\mod_auth_dbm.dll
  C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
    C:\WINNT\System32\KERNEL32.dll
      C:\WINNT\System32\NTDLL.DLL
  C:\cygwin\bin\cyggdbm.dll
  C:\cygwin\bin\libhttpd.dll

But I found no hint where expat-dll is linked with.

I suggest we add -lgdbm to EXTRA_LIBS in src/Configuration.apaci so
mod_auth_dbm gets compiled correct.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=