[ANN] rcs-5.7 package available

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Tue Jan 22 09:17:00 GMT 2002

Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Hmm...  OOTB?  Did you take care to test it?  In the past there've been
> issues with the way files are left opened while the temp files are being
> copied over them.  That doesn't work with Win32 and therefore Cygwin.
> With CVS already working do we need RCS?

Sure -- let a thousand flowers bloom.  Besides, there are some client
applications that expect to use RCS as the backend, not CVS.

I'm more worried about the text/binary issues -- especially mixtures.
E.g. if the revision files are stored on a binary mount, but the working
files are stored on text mounts -- or vice versa.  Do things still work?
  (AFAIRC, even CVS still has difficulty with this)

--Chuck