setup.exe command line options

Stipe Tolj tolj@wapme-systems.de
Thu Jan 24 03:50:00 GMT 2002

"keith_starsmeare@yahoo.co.uk" wrote:

> I've made some progress, but it's still (infuriatingly) not at the stage
> where you can do a whole installation without dialog boxes (no offense -
> they're lovely dialog boxes!), but you can certainly have *fewer* dialog
> boxes!

Maybe cross-topic, but I'll try:

I would like to see a command line option to setup.exe that can be
used to "update" the current installed packages from the same source.
I think of remoted update via setup.exe through a ssh session.

Is this anyway possible? At least the cygwin core package has it's
problem I guess since cygwin1.dll needs to be replaced and several NT
services are running at that point?!

So the question is: How to upgrade a remote Cygwin machine? I guess no
solution for now.

Stipe

tolj@wapme-systems.de
Wapme Systems AG