--enable-auto-import extension

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Wed Jul 3 11:28:00 GMT 2002

egor duda wrote:

> Someone suggested that one can do 'cmp -i 150 old.dll new.dll', or
> whatever offset timestamp is located at.
>
> Ok, i've finalized patch and test. I suppose i have a copyright
> assignment with FSF for this changes to get incorporated into official
> sources. As far as i understand, i have to get an assignment form from
> binutils maintainer, right?

The new version looks good to me; I built and ran your test without
problems.  I do have a suggestion for later, when
--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc is made the default: in pe-dll.c (around
line 2209) change

if (pe_dll_extra_pe_debug)
   printf ("creating runtime pseudo-reloc entry for %s (addend=%d)\n",
      fixup_name, addend);

if (link_info.pei386_runtime_pseudo_reloc == -1)
   info_msg (_("creating runtime pseudo-reloc entry for %s (addend=%d)\n"),
      fixup_name, addend);

So that if pseudo_reloc is implicitly enabled, print messages for each
psuedo-reloc entry (but not all that other pe_dll_extra_pe_debug stuff).
  It's not a warning, but its info the user probably needs to know if he
didn't explicitly say "--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc".

But that's not important until AFTER pseudo-reloc is made the default.

The business with fork() and -DNO_RUNTIME_PSEUDO_RELOC_SUPPORT stuff in
your example is a bit confusing -- do you have some pending patches to
cygwin1.dll?

--Chuck