ITP: Guile 1.5.6

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@netscape.net
Thu Jul 4 09:26:00 GMT 2002

Charles Wilson wrote:

> Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
>
>> Hi List,
>>
>> Last night, I've eventually succeeded in building guile-1.5.6, with
>> shared object libraries for Cygwin.
>>
>> Guile version 1.5.6, is now available for testing at:
>>
>>     http://lilypond.org/cygwin/tar/guile
>>
>> After a successful installation of guile (and libguile14), you should
>> be able to run, eg,
>>
>>     guile -c '(begin (write (string-append "hello: " (version) "\n")))'
>>
>> May we have your votes (and comments) please.
>

>> http://lilypond.org/cygwin/tar/guile/guile-1.5.6-1-src.tar.bz2
>> http://lilypond.org/cygwin/tar/guile/guile-1.5.6-1.tar.bz2
>> http://lilypond.org/cygwin/tar/guile/guile-doc/guile-doc-1.5.6-1.tar.bz2
>> http://lilypond.org/cygwin/tar/guile/libguile14/libguile14-1.5.6-1.tar.bz2
>>
>> http://lilypond.org/cygwin/tar/guile/libguile14-dev/libguile14-dev-1.5.6-1.tar.bz2
>>

> Well, the setup.hints for guile-doc, libguile14, and libguile14-dev
> packages should all include an 'external-source: guide' line.

I'm sure that Chuck meant to say 'external-source: guile'

Now, as for building from source, the script included in the source
package is not a valid Cygwin script.  It seems to be a
cross-compilation script.  Would it be possible to adapt the generic
build script from the package building page?  Look at
http://cygwin.com/setup.html and scroll down to the section entitled
"Method Two".  Meanwhile, I will try and follow the script to manually
build it, to see if it works.

Cheers,
Nicholas