ITP: Guile 1.5.6

Jan Nieuwenhuizen janneke@gnu.org
Thu Jul 4 10:42:00 GMT 2002

Nicholas Wourms <nwourms@netscape.net> writes:

> The config.site doesn't seem right, like not detecting libintl.

Hmm.  It maybe even is, as see that I didn't install gettext et al.
I'll look into this.

> The new gettext (libintl) requires -lintl and -liconv to properly
> link.

Ok.

> Also, it seems like you were having trouble with libtool dependency
> support.  I recommend deleting "depcomp install-sh mkinstalldirs
> missing ..." before running running automake like this:
>
> automake --add-missing --copy --include-deps

Ok, haven't look at dependencies.  I was so glad it linked, at last :-)

> It might be worth your while to briefly pop on that windows machine to
> run configure under the "real" deal.  That way you can be sure that
> config.site has the proper variables.  However, the autotools are
> supposed to work on cross builds as well, by detecting support in the
> cross directories...
>
> Before you generate a patch, make sure that you remove the
> side-effects of the new autotools.  The specific example is the
> autom4te.cache dir, which doesn't need to be distributed.

Ok, I'll have a look at the patch.  My 'own' patch doesn't include any
generated files, of course, but the scripts generate the diff, so that
I'm sure it's correct (and does include an updated ./configure etc.)

Thanks,
Jan.

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter