setup.exe and replacing of in-use files

Lapo Luchini lapo@lapo.it
Mon Jul 8 11:10:00 GMT 2002

Charles Wilson wrote:

> Who is creating kde's setup.ini?  Are they writing it by hand, or are
> they creating it from setup.hint files by using the 'upset' script?
> If the former, then the human who wrote it is WRONG.  the package name
> for the file 'kde-x-1.3.tar.bz2' is 'kde-x' -- so the @ line should be

There is also a kde-x-1.2 available.. I dunno if both can be useful at
the same time... I am not KDE's cygwin's port author, just a simple user
that got annoyed by that strange 'growing' behaviour to installed
release numbers.
I thought ie were a setup.exe problem, but it wasn't... even if I would
expect setup.exe to do a warning or ignore the version or the such
instead of growing its version install by install... ^_^ that's why I'm
investigating setup.exe's sources, to try to patch a better behaviour,
even if setup.ini file has a wrong format.

 From what I see on http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/ I think Ralf
Habacker is the most active person in that workgroup, or at least the
one that does most news in the homepage.

BTW: I filed a bug on KDE-Cygwin's bugtracker in this regard:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=578573&group_id=27249&atid=389712

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)