libiconv

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@netscape.net
Wed Jul 10 15:05:00 GMT 2002

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>[Cleaning out my mailbox]
>On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 06:50:16AM -0400, Nicholas Wourms wrote:
>
>>Now you can link gcc against libiconv ;-).
>>

>FWIW, I hope I have done this.  I added the libraries in the hopes that
>the gcc configury would find it.  How do we determine if it worked?

I can't say for sure, I'd assume there is a test in the testsuite for
this?  Perhaps one of our friends who uses a non-english character set
could tell us if it worked.  AFAIK, if this is compiled in properly,
then gcc should return messages in unicode.  Someone correct me if I've
misinterpreted this function.

Cheers,
Nicholas