libtoolize and glib-1.2.10

Lapo Luchini lapo@lapo.it
Wed Jul 17 08:55:00 GMT 2002

> B)He could try adding AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL right before
> AM_PROG_LIBTOOL in configure.in, which should tell configure that
> building dlls is "OK". However, I will note that the end result is
> "undefined symbol Win@Main16" %50 of the time.

Nope, it still says the package doesn't support them...

> C)Can you help him by referring him to the best documentation for the
> whole process?  I would try, but I learned mostly from trial and
> error. (A howto for cygwin really should be written...).

Can you nonetheless give me some links?
I'm doing some google on the words "automake", "autotool", but found
nothing really enlightening

> D)As I have told you on countless occasions, I use autoupdate to get
> me started.  I then 'diff -u configure.in~ configure.in' to see what
> it changed.  After evaluating what it changed, I will then go in and
> hand edit/revert anything  else.  This method works quite well in that
> autoupdate 99% of the time does all the busywork for me,  leaving it
> to me to fix up any special cases or macros.

OK. I can see what is changed... but I don't understamd what it means ^_^
I guess I'll pay "info automake" a major visit... it will take some
time, though.

BTW: using autoupdate/libtoolize/automake/autoheader/autoconf I end up
having lotsa warnings

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)