package offering: gnupg

Volker Quetschke quetschke@scytek.de
Sat Jun 8 02:46:00 GMT 2002

Hi!

After the recent discussion about GnuPG 1.0.7 and the recluctance of the
official maintainers concerning cygwin/mingw support I might as well
offer it as a package.

Here's the setup.hint and the URLs:

sdesc: "GnuPG is GNU's tool for secure communication and data storage."
ldesc: "GNU Privacy Guard is GNU's tool for secure communication and data storage.
It can be used to encrypt data and to create digital signatures. GnuPG is a
complete and free replacement for PGP. It includes an advanced key management
facility and is compliant with the proposed OpenPGP Internet standard as
described in RFC 2440."
category: Utils
requires: cygwin libintl1 zlib

URLs:
http://www.scytek.de/cygwin_gnupg/setup.hint
http://www.scytek.de/cygwin_gnupg/gnupg-1.0.7-1.tar.bz2
http://www.scytek.de/cygwin_gnupg/gnupg-1.0.7-1-src.tar.bz2

The packaging process was based on Method Two from
http://cygwin.com/setup.html#package_contents .
Please let me know if there are problems or bugs.

I tested the basic functionality of the package on a Win2K and a Win98SE
system, both with cygwin 1.3.10 and all binary mounts.
See also gnupg.README for some details.

Bye

     Volker