New setup snapshot and changes

Robert Collins robert.collins@syncretize.net
Wed Jun 26 15:05:00 GMT 2002

I've uploaded a new setup.exe snapshot. It's got some major parsing
changes... I don't think I've broken anything, but I'd appreciate
feedback :}. I have noticed that some 3rd party ini files fail to parse
- (prc-tools  and cygutils specifically) but not all - and I'm looking
into that now. I needed to commit what I have however, as it was getting
to the 'too large to ever commit' stage.

Key changes:

* Support for parsing a debian Releases file (named
setup.ini/setup.bz2). This may allow greater reuse of existing tools for
site maintainers. (Tested on a 7Mb unstable file).
* Feedback on MD5 processing.
* Feedback on parsing progress.

The following syntax changes are parsed, but not used (yet)
Versioned package lists for the following:
Dependencies, pre-dependencies, suggestions, recommendations, conflicts,
provisions.
Different source packages to the binary - i.e. gettext and libgettext
can explicitly share a single source package.

John Marshall's user list feedback patch.

If you want more info, see the changelog entry, it's only 120 odd lines
:}.

So please, hit on this test as hard as you can, I'm keen to see what
y'all think.

Rob