ssh Keychain?

Hack Kampbjørn cygwin-apps@hack.kampbjorn.com
Tue Mar 19 17:25:00 GMT 2002

Robert Collins wrote:

> Someone mentioned this a while back... did anything come of that?

That would be me.

I proposed to package it, send a setup.hint. And added a task to follow
up on it and count the votes.
I even made a package -- I just forget that it's not enough to have a
TODO list. It's also required to actually check sometimes 8-)

I've just counted the votes and it's one for (and with my own two for)
and one maybe. So that's a go. Would anyone upload the package to
cygwin.com.

http://hackdata.com/cygwin/keychain-1.8-1/keychain-1.8-1.tar.bz2
http://hackdata.com/cygwin/keychain-1.8-1/keychain-1.8-1-src.tar.bz2
http://hackdata.com/cygwin/keychain-1.8-1/setup.hint

setup.hint
sdesc: "An OpenSSH key manager"
ldesc: "Keychain is an OpenSSH key manager, typically run from
~/.bash_profile. When run, it will make sure ssh-agent is running; if
not, it will start ssh-agent. It will redirect ssh-agent's output to
~/.ssh-agent, so that cron jobs that need to use ssh-agent keys can
simply source this file and make the necessary passwordless ssh
connections. In addition, when keychain runs, it will check with
ssh-agent and make sure that the ssh RSA/DSA keys that you specified on
the keychain command line have actually been added to ssh-agent. If not,
you are prompted for the appropriate passphrases so that they can be
added by keychain."
category: Utils
# cygwin contains kill and ps
# sh-utils contains uname and whoami
requires: ssh, bash, grep, gawk, sh-utils, cygwin
test: 1.8-1
---

Since this is the first release I think it should be a "test" package
for some time. Even that I've been running it over a month now. There is
one problem when the ssh-agent is started inside a rxvt session and the
sessions is closed without stopping the agent, some of rxvt is still
waiting for the agent to finish. So there is a warning when shuting down
the computer. This doesn't happen when starting the agent from a windows
console.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Hack Kampbjørn