pager in default install

Joshua Daniel Franklin joshuadfranklin@yahoo.com
Wed Mar 20 19:12:00 GMT 2002

I had the opportunity to install cygwin from scratch today and
decided to do a "mad clicker" install and see how far I could get with
that without adding any of my personal favorites (vim, ssh, etc.)
The only two things I really missed were a pager and an editor. You
*can* use the Windows "more", but just "more" doesn't work; you have
to complete "more.com". Also I found myself more than once typing
"ls | less" out of habit. Anyway, so I have two points:

1. Can the "less" package be put into base? It really does seem essential.

2. I'd be happy to maintain a cygwin "more" after I can get a package together.