prev/curr/test

Robert Collins robert.collins@itdomain.com.au
Mon Mar 25 17:23:00 GMT 2002

so don't make mistakes ? :}.

> >Ahh, so if you don't want to update you can stay put. Hmm.
> What about
> >[X] - install [H] - hold
> >[ ] - uninstall
> >
> >I know, it's heading back to the circular clicking thing :[.
>
> Yeah.

Or we could do a radio button triplet -
Binary
Install
  Hold (don't change at all)
    Uninstall (or skip if not installed)
(*)()()

> How does it remove that?  Click on the install next to a
> package name (All in this case).

I must be confused. I thought that of the layout:

   prev/curr/test
                bin src
package version []  []   description

that only the bin and src and prev/curr/test would be clickable.
Categories wouldn't change, but they don't allow specific version
selection anyway. Are  you suggesting that version be clickable as well?
In which case I don't see how it's different from what we have today
(barring the removal of reinstall).

> >It would remove the need for the state machine code, but
> that is very
> >stable now anyway (see package_meta if you are interested).
>
> It wasn't all *that* unstable when I left it (except for the
> auto uninstall thing which people are still reporting,
> apparently).  I just think the idea of states is needlessly
> complicated.

Which is why it got removed :}. My phrase above 'state machine code' was
actually inaccurate - I should have said 'version selection code'.

There isn't any state machine per se anymore, simply a collection of
versions, and bin/src selection.

Rob