Patch for Setup.exe problem and for mklink2.cc

Gary R Van Sickle tiberius@braemarinc.com
Wed Mar 27 09:47:00 GMT 2002

[snip]

> > Found the problem causing the segment violation and probably
> > causing Jonas Eriksson's problem. It is a typical case of
> > 'off by 1'. In PickView::set_headers the loop filling the
> > window header does one iteration too much, resulting in a
> > call to DoInsertItem with a NULL string pointer and hence a
> > crash following. While debugging this I could not compile the
> > new mklink2.cc ( the
> > c++ version of the original mklink2.c). It seems three &
> (address of
> > c++ operator)
> > have disappeared in the transition. Putting them back made
> > the compiler happy. Is this OK Robert ?
>
> I'll check the off-by-one fix in tomorrow, as I'm off to bed now.

[snip]

There have been a few of these off-by-ones in Setup.  Is it possible your
habit of using 1-based arrays is a contributing factor Rob?  This isn't a
convention I see much (modulo "Numerical Recipies"); is there a reason you
use this convention?

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
Braemar Inc.