Question on submitting a package to cygwin

Peter A. Castro doctor@fruitbat.org
Wed May 15 20:14:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Harold Hunt wrote:

> Peter,
>
> Chris Faylor had said that apps that run under X need to go in the XFree86
> directory... but I'm not sure if that means that it should be stuffed into
> the XFree86 category as well:
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2002-04/msg00538.html
>
> Does x3270 only have an X component or does it run in a normal shell too?
> As you can tell, I have no idea what this program does and I don't really
> have time to look...

It has an X component as well as a curses-base component as well as a
printer component and lastly a scripting component.  It covers many areas
as separate programs (which I was going to package separately).

Robert did suggest 'Net', and I'll probably go with that for the non-X
components.  I'd have thought that a few Apps category would have been
created by now.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>