new package offering: zsh

Peter A. Castro doctor@fruitbat.org
Wed May 22 17:10:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Matthew Smith wrote:

> I'll vote "yes" for this, but I do have a question: have you dealt with
> binary/text issues specific to the windows platform in your port?

I know of one issue concerning loading of functions.  Is there another
you had in mind?  For the most part, zsh handles cr+lf as if it were lf
implicitly.  For loading functions, the code assumes a binary mode, ie:
the number of bytes reported by stat() of a file is the number of bytes
reported back from read() after reading in the whole file.  On a
filesystem mounted in textmode, this isn't always true and can cause the
function to not load.  I really feel this is a filesystem attribute
issue, but if it's annoying enough for people, I'll loosen the size
matching restrictions.  A workaround for now is to strip your functions
of all Carriage-Returns, thus only have linefeeds in the file.

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>