setup & gcc3 WORKING :-) (Revised patches - please review)

Robert Collins rbcollins@cygwin.com
Fri Nov 1 09:32:00 GMT 2002

On Sat, 2002-11-02 at 03:04, Jason Tishler wrote:
> Max,
>
> On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 11:56:50PM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
> > Please comment on these patches, and then I will make any changes
> > people suggest, write up a ChangeLog, and request they be committed.
> >
> > fix-gcc3-main.patch - Addition of std:: prefixes, using std::type
> > directives, tightening up of a throw() specification, adding NOMINMAX
> > as mentioned above.
> >
> > fix-gcc3-libgetopt++.patch - Addition of std:: prefixes in the
> > libgetopt++ directory.
>
> A judicious use of "using namespace std;" would make the above two
> patches much smaller.  Which in turn, will make it easier to review the
> rest of your changes.

Yep. Also, libgetopt++ needs to retain gcc-2 compatability. setup *does
not*.

I will be reviewing / parallel implementing a gcc 3 update to setup
*very* soon. First off though, I have to find a new place to live. Sigh.

Rob
--
---
GPG key available at: http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt.