init and agetty packages available for review/upload. (fwd)

Robert Collins rbcollins@cygwin.com
Sat Nov 9 16:21:00 GMT 2002

On Sun, 2002-11-10 at 11:05, Sergey Okhapkin wrote:
> > What if I want to install init just to look at the included readmes?

Install the source package.

> Or if I
> > want to install it as a service with slightly different settings?

This one is important.

> Or
> simply
> > dislike my computer doing too much without telling me about it?

So don't install agetty :}.

> OK, I give up:-) I will remove postinstall script and provide installation
> instruction in sysvinit.README. But I'm not sure it's the best solution, who
> read README files?-)

I think a postinstall script that:
* sets reasonable defaults
* obeys and doesn't overwrite user defined settings

should be ok.

Just my 2c.

Rob
--