Updated sysvinit package available for review/upload

Joshua Daniel Franklin joshua@iocc.com
Thu Nov 14 06:39:00 GMT 2002

--- Corinna Vinschen <vinschen@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 07:26:56AM -0500, Sergey Okhapkin wrote:
> > postinstall script modified to create /var/log and /var/run dirs and empty
> > utmp/wtmp files (if not exist).
> > Removed /etc/inittab
> > Removed some manual pages
> >
> > http://users.rcn.com/sokhapkin/release/sysvinit/setup.hint
> > http://users.rcn.com/sokhapkin/release/sysvinit/sysvinit-2.84-2-src.tar.bz2
> > http://users.rcn.com/sokhapkin/release/sysvinit/sysvinit-2.84-2.tar.bz2
>
> A minor(?) nit:  The postinstall script doesn't differ between NT and 9x
> so it asks 9x users to install init as service, too.

FWIW, I mentioned this in an earlier post but my email to Sergey bounced
since his email server accepts no mail from @yahoo.com (not even non-spam).
I guess the moral to me is to send things from another email address if
I get a bounce. And that just because it's in the archives doesn't mean
everybody involved actually read it.