setup.exe, my old friend

Yann Crausaz yann_crausaz@bluemail.ch
Fri Nov 15 11:03:00 GMT 2002

Hello,

I've built 'setup.exe', following the instructions on http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/setup.html.
Is this version, 2.293, the newest available ? Is it normal that the file
reaches a size of 9'882'581 bytes, against 171008 bytes of the download
version ? Did I anything wrong (again) ?

I've renamed my c:\cygwin directory to c:\cywin_tmp to simulate a system
without Cygwin and I ran the application : trying to download the packages,
it crashes when I reach the 'Select Packages' frame and I click on 'default'
next to '+All' : "... memory cannot be 'read'"

If I run the application without having renamed the c:\cygwin directory,
it doesn't crash, but it's impossible to download a whole distro (I've click
choosen 'Install' next to '+All' : only _update-info-dir, gnupg, pine and
setup are downloaded)

What's going on ???

Yann Crausaz
Yann Crausaz
EIVD - University of Applied Sciences of Western Switzerland
Route de Cheseaux 1
1400 Yverdon-les-Bains
Switzerland
mailto:yann.crausaz@eivd.ch