setup.exe-HEAD should build from CVS on gcc-3.

Robert Collins rbcollins@cygwin.com
Sun Nov 24 14:36:00 GMT 2002

On Sat, 2002-11-16 at 04:33, Max Bowsher wrote:
> Oh dear, replying to myself within a minute of posting...
>
> 1) The patch was broken. Fixed version in this mail.
>
> 2) I'd forgotten to mention the "Cannot open (null) for reading" bug, a.k.a.
> "Setup shows versions in the chooser which it cannot install, because the
> files aren't cached".

Doh, I had overlooked this email. Sigh. Anyway, this patch was
incorrect, because if the default trust doesn't satisfy a requirements
statement, we need to keep looking.

I.e. if Chuck has a readline build in experimental, and someone links
against it, they may *need* that version to operate, regardless of the
default trust.

Rob

--
---