[patch] Help Option

Robert Collins rbcollins@cygwin.com
Sun Nov 24 17:39:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 12:16, Max Bowsher wrote:
> Setup has all these wonderful command line options, but no way to find out
> what they are!
>
> Possible patch below. exit(0) seems a little clumsy. Would you rather I did
> something via theLog ?
> Although I think we don't really want logs just for a help invocation.

But as static destructors don't seem to fire under native Win32, we
should use theLog.

As for the patch, it's good :}. I've designed what I need to do to
libgetOpt++ to make gui help happen. We need a strategy for
ParameterUsage, with a builtin strategy that does the current behaviour.
We then provide a new strategy, and that will call back a class of ours
with each parameter. It's pretty trivial, but I've overrun my time
budget for cygwin already today, so .. another day. We need a strategy
because a stream isn't structured enough for possible GUI help displays.

If you want to take a crack at this, feel free :].

I will do this this week sometime though.

Rob

--
---
GPG key available at: http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt.