Pending packages status

Lapo Luchini lapo@lapo.it
Fri Oct 4 04:23:00 GMT 2002

>2. CMake
>3. tmake

I still have to learn the difference between the two, they seems pretty
similiar, from the ldesc...

Let's see their home website:

CMake seems to be some kind of "autoconf" but not only generates
Makefiles but also other kind of files, this could be quite useful for
mingw/cygwin/visualC projects, of course there exists already the win32
version but "some of us" prefer cygwin versions (e.g. I use cygwin's
gnupg, not win32's... this way I know where is my home directory and the
such).
That's a vote from me.

tmake says to be sueful to "manage" Makefiles, but its sense is not
clear to me.
Someone has some argument regarding its usefullness (I'm not saying it
is not useful, I just want to know HOW it is useful)... and I have no
time to download ad "experimenti with it a bit"... but this is a bit OT
of course, in case send me a private message maybe.

Lapo

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)