And one more package, astyle Re: New Package: doxygen-1.2.17

Earnie Boyd earnie_boyd@yahoo.com
Wed Sep 11 05:54:00 GMT 2002

> The Cygwin net distro isn't sort of a one man show, it's a community
> effort.  It's not Chris and me who are the responsible people for
> reviewing a package and we are not the only people with the right
> to upload packages.

This is one of the reasons I think that it might be better to:

1) Maintainers only approve the setup.hint file.
2) Upload the new package as test or new and let the Cygwin community as
a whole have a say in the package configuration.
   a) Use cygwin.com for voting for the package with comments area and
the form is mailed to cygwin@cygwin.com.
   b) The package maintainer has two weeks to work the issues discussed
on the cygwin@cygwin.com page.
   c) If the issues aren't fixed the package is pulled.
3) Once x count votes of approval the setup.hint can be adjusted to
remove the test/new classification.
   a) base x on some percentage of the cygwin community population
count.
   b) or base x on some flat number.

Earnie.