Package review status

Pavel Tsekov ptsekov@gmx.net
Tue Sep 17 13:52:00 GMT 2002

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Ryunosuke Satoh wrote:

> I made same mistakes in doxygen-package, fixed similarly.
>
> doxygen
> http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/5153/cygwin-package/doxygen-1.2.17-1-package.tgz
> astyle

I've checked the astyle package. I think it is ready to be uploaded now.
There are some minor issues but I think this are not showstoppers - I'll
let someone else comment:

1) The README says:

Removing patch:
 $ cd /usr/src/astyle-(VERSION)
 $ patch -R -p1 < astyle-(VERSION).patch

-> should read    ../astyle-(VERSION).patch

2) The text in the README is with CR/LF endings. This is not a showstopper
at all IMO.

3) You suddenly changed /usr/doc/astyle-1.15.3 to
/usr/doc/astyle-1.15.3-1, even though it was just OK.
I assume you've changed it as a precaution :)
Well, from what I can see, most of the installed packages
on my system  use /usr/doc/package_name-package_version i.e.
without the Cygwin specific release tag. This also is not
a showstopper though :) I remember I've seen packages which
use the Cygwin release tag. The point is that it is unlikely the
documentation of a package to change between two Cygwin releases
of a package.

> http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/5153/cygwin-package/astyle-1.15.3-1-package.tgz

I'll take a look at this one too.