setup.exe and 'default/skip/install/reinstall' question

Robert Collins rbcollins@cygwin.com
Fri Sep 27 16:39:00 GMT 2002

On Sat, 2002-09-28 at 03:21, Len Giambrone wrote:

> This will cause Setup to only list those packages in the chooser window.
> But will the non-base packages be installed by default?  I.e., will they come
> up "Skip" or <current-version> in the chooser window?  When I download to a
> directory, and then use that directory to install, I see only the packages I
> downloaded, but I still have to manually select to install the non-base
> packages I downloaded.

Oops, missed a step.
When you engineers install have them select both any official mirror,
and your local mirror. Setup will merge the metadata, making the locally
tagged base package base, even if they are not base for official
mirrors.

Rob

--
---