[New Package] tmake-1.8-1, Please vote !

Ryunosuke Satoh sun594@hotmail.com
Sun Sep 29 06:02:00 GMT 2002

Thanks for your review.

> I think just "Devel" would be fine. That's what automake and make are.

category: Devel

fixed.

> This package seems to work fine. The example requires qt so it
> doesn't really compile, but oh well. The point is to generate the
> Makefile, which works. It doesn't seem actually to be limited to just qt.

I did not change sources in example dir.

> The exe is converted with perl2exe, does it actually rely on perl
> in any way?

?? I don't know perl2exe.
TMAKE is a perl script.

> The license seems to be a BSD-advert-like (with TrollTech
> instead of UCB), which might cause problems if it is used
> by GPL projects, no? Might want to mention that in the annoucement.
> Too bad, looks useful.

I think no problem, because many linux distributions includes  tmake.
And I'm waiting a reply from trolltech.

> Typo in /usr/doc/Cygwin/tmake-blah.README:
> Making binary package:
>  $ cd /usr/src/astyle-(VERSION)
>                ^^^^^^
> There are a couple other lines with "astyle" instead of "tmake" too.

Sorry, fixed.

> Also I don't like that just doing a "make" in the src directory actually
> installs, but I suppose that's something to take up with TrollTech.

fixed. "make" do nothing, Installation requires "make install".

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/5153/cygwin-package/tmake-1.8-1-package.tgz

Ryu sun594@hotmail.com