PFC Aspell (was Re: spell and nano (was reply to cgf about gpl violation))

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak ronald@landheer.com
Tue Apr 8 16:23:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Gareth Pearce wrote:
> with the dictionary files (At least the english one i was looking at) - the
> version number was 0.51-0 - I was unsure if this should be 0.51.0 instead
> (since i was unsure if upset would be happy with a version number like
> 0.51-0 - I guess it probably does).
I think it should be 0.51.0, as a "-1" will be added for the Cygwin
version (which makes it "0.51.0-1"). I don't know if Setup will be able to
use 0.51-0-1 but even if Setup doesn't get upset, I would (mostly because
multiple dashes in a single version just don't look nice).

Of course, if the powers that be don't agree with me, it'll be 0.51-0-1 :)

> Anyway - wish you better luck then i had in my 10minute attempt to package
> english ;)
> Chuck's script is great - but its no AI... (infact i think writing a new
> script from scratch might almost be the go in this case - or not using
> method 2 ...).
I'll see how far I get with method 2, but as the dictionary sources are
rather small, I'd be surprised if using a build script saves any time..

> Dont forget to list aspell in the build requirements for the dictionaries -
> in the readme.
Of course :)

I'll have a go at it tomorow.

rlc