A question for aspell-dict-XX

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak ronald@landheer.com
Fri Apr 11 12:55:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Apr 2003, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> > I just have a small question while I am preparing these packages: Is it OK
> > to have a generic README for the four packages (and not a ~-en-~; ~-de-~;
> > ~-nl-~ and ~-fr-~ which practically the same contents)?
> >
> > I'm doing a wee bit of hackin' on the generic script to get it to set the
> > packages up correctly - it's getting confused by multiple dashes in the
> > filenames. Would that confuse Setup too or does it use a more fine-tuned
> > way of finding out what the different parts of the filename mean?
> >
> > (and: is my mail finally coming through or should I use by info at
> > rlsystems dot net address to mail here?)
> First off, your mail got through (you can always check the archives).
Good point :)

> Second, don't you think the README for various language packages should be
> in that language? ;-)
I actually considered that - for french, dutch and english it wouldn't be
much of a problem either - it's just that my german is too rusty for me to
trust myself with the grammar (which, when talking, can be.. ehm.. "worked
around" :)

> Otherwise, I think a shared README is fine, with a side-effect that if
> one package is uninstalled, it'll take the shared README with it...
hmm..

It would be annoying to see a perfectly good README disappear just because
you uninstall another package..

I could just rename the thing for the package name.. or have it generated
by my package generation script or something.. (putting the file list
where it needs to be).

I'll ponder a bit more..

rlc