[ITP] lftp

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@netscape.net
Sat Aug 23 14:46:00 GMT 2003

pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Aug 2003, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> Another *very* minor issue -- empty directories ("etc/postinstall" and
> "usr/lib/lftp/2.6.6").  They don't hurt, but I couldn't find the purpose
> of "usr/lib/lftp/2.6.6" anywhere in the documentation.

Igor,

That directory holds the various shared protocol modules which are
dlopened as needed, should you build lftp that way.  In other words, it
serves the same purpose as /usr/lib/apache does for httpd.  However, I'm
assuming he built the lftp protocol modules static, thus leaving the
module dir empty.

As a side note, it is possible to build lftp on Cygwin with shared
protocol modules (I've done so myself).  However, it requires a lot of
ugly hacking to the autotool stuff.  If the maintainer is interested, I
can send him my modifications.

Cheers,
Nicholas