[New Package] WordNet-2.0-1: An online lexical reference system

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Fri Dec 5 13:52:00 GMT 2003

No, that's not correct.  You should send this message to
cygwin-announce, not to cygwin-apps.

Also, you should use a subject of "New package: WorldNet-2.0-1", as
usual for new packages.

And don't use a reply-to for the message, that's added automagically.

Corinna

On Dec  5 14:06, Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> Hi
>
> The package WordNet is now available with the Cygwin distribution:
>
>  * http://www.cogsci.princeton.edu/~wn/             (Homepage)
>  * ftp://ftp.cogsci.princeton.edu/pub/wordnet/2.0/  (Download location)

> ============
>
> WordNet is an online lexical reference system. Word forms in WordNet are
> represented in their familiar orthography; word meanings are represented
> by synonym sets (synsets) - lists of synonymous word forms that are
> interchangeable in some context. Two kinds of relations are recognized:
> lexical and semantic. Lexical relations hold between word forms; semantic
> relations hold between word meanings.
>
> This package has a command-line and a Tcl/Tk interface included.
>

> Enjoy
>     Volker
>
> --
>
> To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
> the http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
> system.  Once you've downloaded setup.exe, run it and select "Text"
> and then click on the appropriate fields until the above announced
> version numbers appear if they are not displayed already.
>
> If your mirror doesn't yet have the latest version of this package after
> 24 hours, you can either continue to wait for that site to be updated or
> you can try to find another mirror.
>
> Please send questions or comments to the Cygwin mailing list at:
> cygwin@cygwin.com
>
> If you want to subscribe go to:
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/
>
> I would appreciate if you would use this mailing list rather than
> emailing me directly.  This includes ideas and comments about the setup
> utility or Cygwin in general.
>
> If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing
> list is the appropriate place.

Red Hat, Inc.