[ITP - Ready for review] GraphicsMagick

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Mon Dec 8 04:24:00 GMT 2003

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> Reviewer's Notes
> ================
> 1) I moved the bin/*-config scripts into the -devel package.

Cool.

> 2) I moved the /usr/lib/GraphicsMagick-1.0.4 directory into the main
> package... but I think it probably should go in the libGraphicsMagick0
> package instead.  Chuck and I have been discussing this a lot but I got
> confused about where the final location should be; I also realized that
> I don't know what the final location should be, so I want to get some
> instruction before I move this directory again.  The deciding issue
> would be whether the libraries query /usr/lib/GraphicsMagick-1.0.4 or
> whether only gm.exe queries it; if the libraries query it then the
> directory must be in the libGraphicsMagick0 package, right?

The libraries query it -- so I think that it should go into the libGM0
package (or another package with the same '0' suffix, if you want libGM0
to be "dll only".

> 4) My build is done with --enable-shared but without --with-modules
> (these are what I used for ImageMagick too).

Yep, I think that's correct.  Bob F. seemed "down" on the modules-based
build -- and you get all the benefits of it (at least, the ones that
matter for our GPL platform) by using the "moby" build -- which is what
you're doing.

I'll take a look at the new packaging.

--
Chuck