[ITP] xemacs: A powerful, highly customizable open source text editor and application development system

Joe Buehler jbuehler@hekimian.com
Mon Dec 15 17:19:00 GMT 2003

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>This was noted during the emacs package development.  I moved the tags
>>stuff to a separate package, which I believe is not currently part
>>of the Cygwin mirrors.
>

> ?  Could you rephrase this?  What does this mean?  Did you ask someone
> to upload something and it didn't get done?

Sorry -- I'm often too brief.  The emacs tags files were moved to a separate
emacs sub-package because they conflicted with the ctags package which was already
part of Cygwin.  I never submitted that additional package for
upload because it was not clear that it was of any use, given the existence
of "ctags".  What I did instead was add a dependency -- emacs depends on
the ctags package.
--
Joe Buehler