vim / cream

Bruce Ingalls bingalls@nj.rr.com
Sat Dec 27 14:12:00 GMT 2003

Some members of this list expressed interest in packaging
http://cream.sourceforge.net/
for Cygwin. Here is why I doubt this will happen soon:

I chatted with Steve Hall, the author, and unfortunately, Cream is only
effective, when run as a gui with menus.
Cream is partially useful for console mode, but not much is planned to
pursue that direction.

Note that porting Cream to be used with Cygnome's gvim makes sense. This
brings back the issues I faced in packaging EMacro: how to centralize
the startup, or deal with distributing .vimrc-s to each HOME directory.
Some versions of Vim do support /etc/vimrc for startup. This may not
work so well with Cream, which was written to work in HOME directories,
AFAIK.

Happy Holidays!