LPRng and ifhp packages ready

Joshua Daniel Franklin joshuadfranklin@yahoo.com
Fri Feb 7 05:08:00 GMT 2003

Some notes:

--In your setup.hint, you need to include "gawk fileutils sh-utils"
  in the requirements (these are required by the scripts).

--Your LPRng src archive is .tgz instead of .tar.bz2, and appears to be
  an uncompressed tar archive.

In the LPRng binary package:

--All your files start with ./ (e.g., ./usr/bin instead of usr/bin)
  and one looks suspicious:

./etc/postinstall/lprng.sh~

--/usr/doc/Cygwin/LPRng-3.8.19.README doesn't really tell me anything
  about the software. This is OK, but it's normal to give some hints.
  I personally am somewhat interested in lpr, but I don't have the
  time to read through the 25MB of documentation to figure it out.
  Surely the workings are a little different on Windows.
  It is also customary to put "build requirements" like gcc, etc.

At this point I'm intimidated so I'll let someone more familiar with
things like /etc/printcap to step in.