[Package Update] zsh-4.0.6-5

Corinna Vinschen vinschen@redhat.com
Sun Feb 9 12:34:00 GMT 2003

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 03:41:59PM -0800, Peter A. Castro wrote:
> BTW, it might be worth noting somewhere that for package building in
> general that /tmp needs to be mounted binmode.  Otherwise patch might
> generate incorrect line termination on the files it patches.

BTW, I can't reproduce it.  I'm patching a simple file over and over
again with the patch file having LF or CRLF line endings and /tmp
mounted textmode.  Regardless whether the patchfile is in /tmp itself
or in a binmode mounted dir, the result is always ok, having LF line
endings.

It would help to provide a simple testcase with exact description of
the concerned directories and files, otherwise I assume a cockpit error.

You *are* using patch-2.5.8-2, aren't you?

Red Hat, Inc.