[ITP] rebase

Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu
Thu Feb 20 05:05:00 GMT 2003

Jason Tishler wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 06:11:28PM -0000, Max Bowsher wrote:
>
>>Jason Tishler wrote:
>>
>>>Can I upload and release rebase?  Or, are there any more issues that
>>>need to be addressed before the initial release?
>>
>>Not a release stopper, but as a later enhancement, could we have a
>>--help option? Just copying the relevant paragraph from your readme
>>file should do.
>

> When I link with popt.

Two things:  (1) popt will lock you into cygwin, since we don't have a
mingw version of it handy.  But, since we've already decided that rebase
will be a cygwin app, I guess 'lock-in' is no big deal.  (2) But isn't
rebase written in C++?  If so, you'd probably be better off using
Robert's GetOpt++ library instead -- which has the added benefit of
easing rebase integration with/into setup, since setup already uses it.

--Chuck