Pending packages status

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@netscape.net
Thu Feb 20 16:41:00 GMT 2003

marcel@telka.sk wrote:
> NapísanÊ dòa 2003.02.20 11:32, (autor: Pavel Tsekov):
>
>>1. grace
>>2. nfs-server
>>3. LPRng
>>4. ifhp
>>5. TCM
>>6. par
>>7. pdksh
>

> There are missing my DocBook XML packages :-(.
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-02/msg00148.html

Not that I object, but as someone who is well aware of the
frustration that sgml/xml processing systems cause on linux,
shouldn't we have a complete roadmap for the potential
cygwin system before we start checking in stylesheet
packages?  I don't know of anyone who wouldn't agree that
getting a working docbook system is a royal PITA.  Are we
going to have some sort of style-sheet management
infrastructure at some point?  Although I realize that xmlto
is stand-alone from jade, I think we should plan for a fully
working docbook rendering system at some point.  I really
don't have a good solution for this, but I feel it was at
least worth noting the possible complications that may arise
in the future from an improperly planned stylesheet
installation.  We should decide now on the type of layout
that we want and what sort of management infrastructure we
are going to use (RedHat, Mandrake, Suse, Debian, or our
own?).  You know, an ounce of prevention...

Cheers,
Nicholas