pdksh package proposal (AT&T ksh93 info)

Joe Buehler jbuehler@hekimian.com
Thu Feb 20 18:17:00 GMT 2003

Nicholas Wourms wrote:

> Yes, please do considier using the "real" thing.  David Korn has, on
> numerous instances, pointed out that pdksh does not fully comply with
> Korn Shell standards, and thus may not be fully compatible.  As you'll
> note from the change logs on the website, he's done much work recently
> to get it to work properly within Cygwin's framework.  I think it should
> be a considieration for the Korn purists out there :-).  Any volunteers?

Doctor Korn has also been superb at ksh support.  The guys who work
on the ast package are *really* good about rolling patches in and finding
and fixing bugs.

The build script I have takes the source packages distributed by AT&T
and does the build.  There's no interaction required -- you just have
to fix whatever goes wrong as the various Cygwin packages change over time.
--
Joe Buehler