pdksh package proposal

Elfyn McBratney elfyn.mcbratney@exposure.org.uk
Fri Feb 21 16:29:00 GMT 2003

> > > Hmm, I disagree.  pdksh should be used as a ksh substitute and I'd
> > > expect to run my scripts w/o having to change the shebang line to be
> > > `#!/bin/pdksh' for all my ksh scripts.
> > >
> > > However, this is just *my* opinion.
> >
> > I agree with you. Maybe a symlink is an option ?
>
> Sure, pdksh.exe plus a /usr/bin/ksh link would be nice (as long
> as people don't complain about the symlink slowing down their
> shell startup ;-))
>
> Corinna

Right, I have created updated packages with the fixes various people
suggested, mostly from Pavel ;-)

- Moved pdksh-5.2.14-1.patch to the root of the src package

- Changed pdksh-5.2.14-1.README to reflect the above changes, ie. how to
apply

- Moved ksh.exe pdksh.exe

- Added a check for /bin/ksh.exe in postinstall, symlink if non-existant

- Check for existance of /bin/ksh in /etc/shells , add if not found

- Copied the Cygwin readme, setup.hint and the patch to CYGWIN-PATCHES in
the src dir

And the new packages are available at

<http://twoducks.exposure.org.uk/elfyn/cygwin/pdksh/pdksh-5.2.14-1-src.tar.b
z2>
<http://twoducks.exposure.org.uk/elfyn/cygwin/pdksh/pdksh-5.2.14-1.tar.bz2>
<http://twoducks.exposure.org.uk/elfyn/cygwin/pdksh/setup.hint>

Sorry for doing this a bit late...Needed the sleep :-)

Regards,

Elfyn McBratney
elfyn@exposure.org.uk
www.exposure.org.uk