Setup command-line interface

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Thu Jan 9 11:05:00 GMT 2003

Robert Collins wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 17:25, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:

>> Agree/Disagree/Flame?
>
> Agree

Me too.

> but:
>
> There are two sets of command line parameters.
> 1) Drive the 'engine'
> 2) Drive the GUI.
>
> I.e. if I want the GUI to skip site selection, that is not an engine
> change, it is a GUI change.

Will the engine have any command line parsing capability? Or will the
GUI/CLI parse the parameters, and make a call to the engine API to tell it
about them? I am undecided what is better.

> I do want us to get something MVC-like, in the long term.

What's MVC?

> And a personal goal is a native cygwin commandline only engine.

That would be neat. Are we talking about multiple .exes which depend on a
(static / dynamic) library, or putting several interfaces into one binary?

Max.