nfs-server - status & request for information

Robb, Sam sam.robb@timesys.com
Tue Jan 21 18:53:00 GMT 2003

> Would another possible workaround be just a simple ``mkdir -p
> /cygdrive/c/cygwin/cygdrive/c'' (this assumes cygwin is installed in
> c:\cygwin)?

Unfortunately, no, this won't work.  Doubly unfortunately, I think
that the workaround I proposed will only work in conjunction with
the drive that cygwin is installed on... in other words, if cygwin
is installed under c:/cygwin, then:

  $ mkdir -p /exports/c
  $ mount -f -s -b c:/ /exports/c
  $ echo "/exports/c (ro,all_squash)" >> /etc/exports

...definitely works.  Trying the same workaround to export another
drive (/cygdrive/d, etc.) will *not* work, even if mountd and nfsd
are started with the --re-export flag.

What bugs me is that if you export '/', then a client can mount that
export and access local drives (c,d,etc.) through /cygdrive without
any problems.

-Samrobb