cabextract review (was Re: Pending package status (14 Jul 2003))

Elfyn McBratney elfyn@emcb.co.uk
Tue Jul 15 14:16:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Elfyn McBratney wrote:

> @ cabextract
>
> date   : 27 Jun 2003
> version: 0.6-1
> status : not reviewed
> notes  : http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-06/msg00245.html
>          http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-06/msg00244.html
>          http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-06/msg00251.html
>          http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-06/msg00255.html
> votes  : 4 (Abe, Charles, Igor and Jason)
> url    : http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/cabextract/cabextract-0.6-1-src.tar.bz2
>          http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/cabextract/cabextract-0.6-1.tar.bz2

Jari,

I've reviewed cabextract; following are some observations:

  1) The source package has the build script named `cygbuild.sh', but as source
     packages are extracted by setup to /usr/src , this might get overwritten.
     Please rename the script to something like `package-ver-rel.sh'.

     Also, when I envoked the script as `./cygbuild.sh all' but got the
     following

     [elfyn@ellixia tmp]$ ./cygbuild.sh all
     -- cygbuild.sh 1.134 http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/cygbuild/
     -- Wait, reading and preparing variables based on current directory
     ./cygbuild.sh.DefineGlobalsRoot: [ERROR] Cannot determine VERSION from /home/elfyn/tmp.
     ./cygbuild.sh.DefineGlobalsRoot: [ERROR] Are you inside directory package-NN.NN/ ?
     ./cygbuild.sh.SrcDirCheck: [FATAL] dir is empty

     Can you fix that?

OK, it was merely one point. :-) Apart from that it works well and builds OOTB
(by hand). So, once the above is fixed it's ready to be uploaded.

Elfyn

--
Elfyn McBratney, EMCB  |  http://www.nongnu.org/wwwauth/
http://www.emcb.co.uk  |  http://www.emcb.co.uk/webauth/