naim review (was Re: Pending package status (14 Jul 2003))

Elfyn McBratney elfyn@emcb.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 14:13:00 GMT 2003

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Max Bowsher wrote:

> OK, I've found the problem. Setup's integrated tar code is rather
> oversensitive to magic numbers. Specifically, your naim tarball does not
> contain "ustar\040\040\0" at offset 257. Repacking with GNU tar is the short
> term fix. Long term, maybe setup could become more tolerant in its tar
> code - PTC. What kind of tar did you pack these packages with?

Thanks for looking into it, Max.

I have re-created the archives using GNU tar, so we'll see how it goes. Daniel,
mirrors .rcn.net will update at about ~15:30, at which time we should know if
it worked. If so... Please send an announcement in a couple of hours :-)

Thanks,
Elfyn

--
Elfyn McBratney, EMCB  |  http://www.nongnu.org/wwwauth/